-->

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bead Weaving with Peyote

 

One of the many crafts I’ve tried over the years (and trust me, there’s been a lot) is bead weaving.  I loved it, but at that time (about 7 years ago now) didn’t have the patience for it.  Now I do.  I’ve pulled out my beads and had a look at some YouTube videos to remind me of the different stitches.

My first piece, which isn’t quite finished, is a bracelet using Peyote Stitch.

IMG_0229

This photo was taken yesterday morning.  I am using purple and silver size 11 delica beads.  The pattern is a diagonal stripe, a really easy one at that.  It was a good pattern to stitch to get my hand and eye back in.

I really enjoy just sitting and doing handwork.  For me it is like meditation.  As I do it more I will get quicker at it, and the patterns I do will get more complicated.  At the moment I am using the supplies I have on hand.  I do have coming from a seller on Etsy a box full of beads, threads, some leather, lots and lots of patterns, and a beading loom.  I am so excited and can’t wait to get it.  I will soon have some items ready to list in my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment